gaming news
+$0.25
Quotes delayed 20 min.
cherry red casino
Play Now!

Slot Machine Repair, Rising Wages for Job Seekers

By Paul Black on August 25, 2008  Email it!    Print Version

Play Slots at Rushmore Casino! MIAMI, FL -- Slot machine repair jobs are on the rise, making this new field a lucrative career inside America's flashiest casinos.  When you search for vocational training, most schools offer classes in computer repair, a/c and electrical, legal assistant, nursing, or health-care assistance.

A technical school in South Florida is now offering training in slot-machine repair. That's right, slot machine maintenance jobs are earning up to $18 per hour, and possibly more. This new field is emerging in South Florida as the Seminole Tribe and local racetracks continue to add slot machines to the already thousands in existence.

The best part about it, these slot machines cannot maintain themselves.  Each machine is part of a complex network of computers, a failure could mean big problems for the casino.

As you may remember, back in 2006, Florida resident Freddy Howard was awarded $259,000 due to a slot machine error at the Seminole Hollywood Casino. The casino claimed Freddy Howard's jackpot was actually a computer error, and they took away the large amount of money.  Due to public pressure, the Tribe's CEO decided to give him the money, even though he didn't really win.

If you are interested in attending the 9-week slot machine repair training courses, please contact Sheridan Technical School in Hollywood, Florida.  Graduates will receive a certificate they can bring to job interviews at the casino.

Digg it! Stumble it! Add to Reddit! Add to Newsvine!

Previous USA Casino News Articles

Recent Comments

Posted by David Olejarz on 01/12/2009 09:47:07 AM EST
I am considering taking a course on slot repair, is it worth the money? Are there jobs available in the Pittsburgh, Pa market place for this occupation?
Posted by Static Specialists Co.Inc. on 02/23/2009 02:30:13 PM EST
My company is a great source for obtaining products to work on slot machines and grounding devices.631-218-0590
ask for Ken Cooper.
Posted by Ellen Harman on 04/04/2009 01:04:44 AM EST
Are there any training classes in Illinois Area?
Posted by Charles McCormick on 09/17/2009 05:45:43 PM EST
A there any place in Pittsburgh Pa. to learn how to repair slot machines ?
Posted by michael sternberg on 01/22/2010 11:04:00 PM EST
I graduated in the last class and im looking for a Slot Tech Job.Please call me 786-306-7927
Posted by Michael ford on 08/06/2010 09:15:50 PM EST
I am interested in a career in slot machine repair
Posted by Michael ford on 08/06/2010 09:24:04 PM EST
I am interested in a career slot machine repair
Posted by Michael ford on 08/07/2010 02:32:18 PM EST
I am interested in a career in slot machines
Posted by Sarith Lon on 10/19/2010 07:56:10 PM EST
Is there any school in Arizona that provides classes to learn how to repair slot machines? Please help. Thanks!
Posted by David Karstadt on 12/08/2010 09:25:46 PM EST
I also am looking for a school in Arizona that provides classes to learn how to repair slot machines? Please help. 602-451-5425 Thanks!
Posted by TOM B. MCSE on 01/18/2011 09:51:07 PM EST
WHAT IS AN EMPLOYERS
OPINION OF THE BEST
SLOT REPAIR SCHOOL
HE OR SHE WILL HIRE
FROM FIRST. ON LINE
COURSES. WHAT DO YOU
THINK OF SLOTMACHINEUNIVERSITY.COM?
Posted by J. Martinez on 04/30/2012 09:15:43 PM EST
I'm interested in a career in slot machines. I have a background in Computer Eng. Tech.
Posted by tom on 06/29/2012 06:31:08 PM EST
Posted by David Karstadt on 12/08/2010 09:25:46 PM EST
Posted by Thanos on 06/29/2012 07:55:28 PM EST
I have a Weed Eater FL20C gas trimmer and I just bohugt the Weed Warrior 3 blade attachment but I can not install it. The package states that it fits 99% of all gas trimmers. Am I in the 1%? Am I doing something wrong? Can you post detailed instructions on how to install the Weed Warrior 3 Blade Head to the Weed Eater FL20C gas trimmer? Thanks
Posted by iygmrwlhu on 06/30/2012 01:19:56 PM EST
xpZaEy , [url=http://fevvgcevchvn.com/]fevvgcevchvn[/url], [link=http://hnzymuuwfjhm.com/]hnzymuuwfjhm[/link], http://sjuoepitktsx.com/
Posted by rimhhg on 07/02/2012 09:02:05 AM EST
uZq8Yh , [url=http://zyithfvydjoz.com/]zyithfvydjoz[/url], [link=http://whtwodybpogk.com/]whtwodybpogk[/link], http://ptarrrknxeyt.com/